Mark Ivey is someone I heard about quite often after joining Intel in 2000. .
Mark was a nationally acclaimed Intel PC Dad, a dynamic duo along with my newfound broadcast partner (and fellow Chico Wild Cat) Ralph Bond. Ralph continues to be a mentor with his great communications and storytelling skills.
Mark is remarkably gifted communication pro. These days he’s keenly tuned to the role of social media for communications pros. Here’s a recent post Killing Off the Social Media Specialist. I finally got to meet Mark in 2007. Since then, he’s been keeping me in mind whenever he comes across great resources. Like these:
Huge list of the top public speaking blogs
- The art and use of powerpoint by Garr Reynolds — a new book out Presentation Zen
- Garr writing about Steve Jobs/Macworld, interesting post and comparison of speakers from 07
- Good interview with Garr
- Bert Decker, well known speech coach
- Jerry Weisman another veteran speech coach
- Ian Griffin (Mark’s former speechwriting buddy from Sun Micro, now exec comm manager at HP..deeply plugged into the National Speakers Assoc. and speaking activities in the Bay area)
- Articles on Public Speaking
- A samplings of Mark Ivey’s writings about presentations and speech writing
Thank you, Mark!