Saw this New Media Family List on Amy Webb’s MyDigiMedia blog and thought it was pretty cool. Highlights from her post, where you can download a bigger PDF file and take a closer look:
In the six months since I first created the chart, there are a handful of notable updates:
- AOL’s list has grown tremendously, while Google, News Corp and IAC have remained relatively unchanged.
- AOL is heading strong into behavioral targeting and various ad network options.
- Yahoo’s buy early and large strategy toned down considerably in Q3 and Q4 of 2007.
- Google’s last acquisition was Postini early last fall.
- Though I’m not tracking this on the chart, News Corp has also been selling lots of assets – namely local television stations.
Here’s the new Who Owns What page at mydigimedia. Download the new chart (PDF) here. And if you want to read my original post and learn more about why I started tracking all this to begin with, have a look here.